Task 1: Work in pairs. Discuss and write down the name of the country and its capital under each national flag. Làm việc từng đôi. Thảo luận và viết tên của quốc gia và thủ đô dưới mỗi quốc kì.)
1. Country : Malaysia Capital: Kuala Lumpur
2. Country : The Philippines Capital : Manila
3. Country : Laos Capital: Vientiane
4. Country : Singapore Capital: Singapore
5. Country: Indonesia Capital: Jakarta
6. Country : Thailand Capital: Bangkok
7. Country : Myannmar Capital: Rangoon
8. Country : Cambodia Capital: Phnom Penh
9. Country : Brunei Capital: Banda Seri Begawan
Task 2. Work in groups. Discuss and use the information in Task 1 and the facts below to talk about some of the ASEAN countries. (Làm việc từng nhóm. Thảo luận và dùng thông tin ở Task 1 và những sự kiện dưới đây để nói về một vài nước của ASEAN.)
Area: 330,252 sq. km.
Official langnage(s): Moiav, English, Tamil
Religion is): Islam, Buddhism Currency: Ringgit (Malaysian dollar)
Area: 300,000 sq. km.
Official language(s): Filipino, English
Religion(s): Christianity (mostly Roman Catholic)
Area: 513,120 sq. km.
Official language(s): Thai
Area: 704 sq. km.
Official language(s): Chinese, English, Malay, Tamil
Religion(s): Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, Christianity
Currency: Singapore dollar
1. Malaysia has a total area of 329 758 square kilometres. Its capital is Kuala Lumpur. It has a population of 24 014 200 people. The official languages used in Malaysia are Malay, English and Tamil. The main religions in Malaysia are Islam and Buddhism, and its currency unit is Ringgit.
2. Thailand has a total area of 514 000 square kilometres. Its capital is Bangkok. It has a population of 64 420 000 people. The official language spoken in Thailand is Thai. Buddhism is its national religion. Baht is the local curreiicy unit.
3. The Philippines are an archipelago of 7 000 islands lying off the southeast of Asia. It has a total area of 300 000 square kilometres, lis capital is Manila. It has a population of 91 077 287 people. The main languages spoken in the Philippines are Filipino and English. The main religion in the Philippines is Roman Catholics. The monetary unit of the Philippines is Peso.
Các bài học nên tham khảo