Xem thêm: Unit 2: City Life
1. Does your city, or the one nearest to you, have any of these drawbacks?
Thành phố của bạn hoặc 1 thành phố nào đó gần nhất có hạn chế gì không?
2. Listen and write the missing word in each gap.
Nghe và viết những từ còn thiếu
Click tại đây để nghe:
1. "Some______ have problems with pollution, crime, or bad weather - here we have traffic jams”.
2. Before going to the_____ , she has to take her children to school.
3. In the evening the_____ is even worse.
4. Now so many people have a car, and there aren't enough ____ in the city.
1. cities 2. office 3. traffic 4. roads
3. Listen again and choose the correct answer
Nghe lại và chọn đáp án đúng
Click tại đây để nghe:
1. What is the most serious problem in Bangkok? Vấn đề quan trọng nhất ở Băng Cốc là gì?
A. Pollution B. Bad weather C. Traffic jams
2. How does Suzanne go to work? Suzanne đi làm bằng cách nào?
A. By car B. By Skytrain C. By metro
3. How long does it take Suzanne to go to work every day? Suzanne đi làm mỗi ngày hết bao lâu?
A.Two hours B. Five hours C. Half an hour
4. In the evening the traffic is ____. Vào vuổi tối giao thông ___
A. better B. worse C. the same
5. Why is traffic so bad in Bangkok? Tại sao giao thông ở Băng Cốc lại quá tồi vậy?
A. People move around by boat.
B There aren't enough roads.
C. There isn't a Skytrain or metro.
1.C 2.A 3. A 4.B 5.B
Suzanne lives in Bangkok with her husband and two children. Her office is seven km away but it takes her two hours to get there by car every day.
“Some cities have problems with pollution, crime, or bad weather - here we have traffic jams,” she says. Before going to the office, she has to take her children to school - so she sets off at 5 a.m. The children sleep until they arrive at school. Then Suzanne begins her journey to the office, r :ne evening the traffic is even worse. Traffic moves in the city centre at half a kilometre an hour. In rainy weather it doesn't move at all.
But why is it so bad? In the past, more people moved around Bangkok by boat. Now so many people have a car, and there aren't enough roads in the city. The Skytrain and metro can help a bit, but they are limited in range and don't cover all parts of the city.
4. Read the paragraph and complete the outline below
Đọc đoạn văn và hoàn thành sơ đồ sau
Living in a city has a number of drawbacks. Firstly, there is the problem of traffic jams and traffic accidents. The increase in population and the increasing numberof vehicles have caused many accidents to happen every day. Secondly, pollution negatively affects people's health, and it also has a bad influence on the environmerd More and more city dwellers suffer from coughing or breathing problems. Thirdly, the city is noisy, even at night. Noise pollution comes from the traffic and from construction sites. Buildings are always being knocked down and rebuilt. These factors contribute to making city life more difficult for its residents.
Problem 1: Problem 2: Problem 3:
Topic sentence: Living in a city has a number of drawbacks.
Problem 1: traffic jams and traffic accidents
Problem 2: air pollution
Problem 3: noise/noise pollution
Conclusion: These factors contribute to making city life more difficult for its residents.
5. Choose one item from the list in 1. Make an outline, and then write a paragraph on one of the topics.
Chọn 1 từ ở bài 1. Viết dàn ý và sau đó viết 1 đoạn văn về 1 trong số các chủ đề.
Các bài học nên tham khảo