Xem thêm: Unit 1: Friendship - tình bạn
Exercise 1.Put the words in the correct order to make sentences, writing the main verb in the present simple and making the other an infinitive with to.
1. who something eat want?
—>Who wants something to eat?
2. letters I write some have.
—> I have some letters to write.
3. delighted hear I be the news.
—> I am/ was deliehted to hear the news.
4. my shopping some mother do have.
—>My mother has some shopping to do.
5. always much talk have you too about.
—> You always have too much to talk about.
6. lovely see it again you be.
—> It's lovely to see you again.
7. out cold it go too be.
—> It is/ was too cold to go out.
8. passed exams know happy I be that you have the.
—>I am happy to know that you have passed the exams.
Exercise 2.Rewrite the sentences, using the words given in brackets.
1. They Slot out of the car. (The police watched)
—> The police watched them set out of the car.
2. They allowed him to write a letter to his wife. (They let)
—> They let him write a letter to his wife.
3. They talked in the next room. (I heard)
—> I heard them talk in the next room.
4. The customs officer told him to open the briefcase. (The customs officer made)
—> The customs officer made him open the briefcase.
5. The cat jumped through the window. (The boy saw)
—> The boy saw the cat jump through the window.
6. Maybe the company will ask him to pay some extra money. (Do yon think the company will make)
—> Do you think the company will make him pay some extra money?
7. The animal moved towards me. I felt it. (I felt)
—> I felt the animal move towards me.
8. She wants to go for a picnic. (Do you think her parents will let)
—> Do you think her parents will let her go for a picnic?